5. Lipids and Sterols
One needs 60 nutrients per day in balanced quantity for optimal health and longevity. The key is not the broad spectrum of nutrients, but also in the balanced quantities.
Although we can try our best to have a well balanced diet – a diet containing all 60 of these nutrients – it is highly improbable that we will achieve this (only 2% plus or minus worldwide consumes a well balanced diet)
Some Reasons Why We Should Take Food Supplements:
1. The soil has been depleted of trace elements and farmers use chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides which deplete valuable nutrients in fruit and vegetable.
2. Fruits and vegetables do not reach us fresh.
3. Storage and freezing deplete nutrient content,
4. Cooking methods destroy a large portion of nutrients
5. The use of aluminium cooking utensils deplete the food from valuable nutrients and is the major cause of Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss.
6. Refining and processing not only remove a large amount of nutrients, but preservatives, colourants and flavourant added are dangerous to your health.
7. Too much refined foods – lack fibre
8. Too much carbohydrate – unbalanced diet.
9. White sugar depletes the body from essential vitamins
10. Chlorine in our drinking water
11. Smoking and Alcohol deplete the body of valuable nutrients.
12. Inhaling of pollution and gasses or working in industrial areas.
13. Infrequent meals and the use of fast and convenient foods.
The sad part of life is that we cut down our diets ‘to make ends meet’ only to pay out our ’savings’ for medical treatment some years later – the result of depriving our bodies from essential nutrients. It makes good reasoning: utilize your money on yourself on supplementing your diet and avoid, ‘giving away your money’ to somebody else at a later stage.
In depriving your body of the necessary nutrients, your immune system is negatively influenced. And when your immune system is down, it opens up your body for various attacks and resulting sickness.
There’s a difference between ‘filling your stomach’ with food and ‘feeding your body/cells with nutrients.’ You can eat yourself to bursting on e.g. fresh white bread, but your body has received limited nutrition.
1) Feed Your Cells
In a healthy cell, the cell membrane is selectively permeable allowing nutrients to freely enter the cell but keeping germs out. It also allows free elimination after metabolism of the nutrients.
2) Repair And Renewal Of Cells
Every day one damages cells by burning, bumping, cutting, bruising etc. These cells need to be repaired and for proper repairing, a complete protein is needed – all 22 amino acids in one meal! As it is virtually impossible to have a complete protein in one meal, supplementation is the answer. Furthermore, all the cells in your body are replaced approximately every 7 years. And without quality protein, no quality cell can be replaced.
3) Protection Of Cells
Modern living has placed a heavy stress-load on our bodies for protection against pollution, chemicals, drug, chlorine in water, metal poisoning (Lead in exhaust gases), colourants and preservatives in food.
For protection, we need anti-oxidants and the onslaught of modern life we need more and more powerful antioxidants, super antioxidants, like carotenoids. The carotenoids form a family of 600, found in the pigmentation of green, yellow, orange and red fruit and vegetables. For optimal protection, we need 5 to 9 daily servings of these foods (1 serving is a 250ml cup). Do we eat this way? No. You need food supplementation to bridge this gap.
Nutrition Basic Healthy Eating Plan pinoyhit.com