Baguio City, the summer capital of the Philippines, is a great choice if what you’re after is the cool, breezy weather to escape the scorching heat of the sun. And because it’s summertime, it’s also not that cold in Baguio so you can be sure that the temperature there is just right. There are many places to see in
Baguio too. Some of these are:
- Burnham Park - The oldest park in Baguio City, Philippines
- Camp John Hay - Formerly an American base turned recreation area for the public
- Mines View Park - View of the mountain ranges
- Wright Park - Horse back riding for the whole family
- Baguio Cathedral - The cathedral that sits on top of a small hill
- Lourdes Grotto - A religious shrine for the Lady of Lourdes
- Botanical Gardens - Also called the Igorot Village
Microtel Inn and Suites - Rates start at $39.
El Cielito Inn - Rates start at $37.
Burnham Park Hotel - Rates start at $20.
Batangas is located in the southwestern part of Luzon. It is a popular tourist destination because of the many beaches and excellent diving spots only a few hours away from Manila. A favorite summer spot of people who are looking for beach adventure. Some of the beach and tourist spots in Batangas are:
- Mt. Maculot - One of the highest mountains in Batangas. A favorite of mountain trekkers
- Taal Lake and Volcano - Fresh water beach, the lowest volcano in the world
- Calijon Falls - Consists of two major falls and two smaller ones
- Basilica Immaculada Concepcion - An old church surrounded by century-old trees
- Mainit Hot Springs - Located at the foot of a huge mountain lush with thick vegetation
- Bulalacao Falls - Three small falls and enclosed in a canyon
- Chateau Royale Sports and Country Club - Rates start at $72.
- Microtel Inn and Suites - Rates start at $58.
- Matabungkay Beach Resort and Hotel - Rates start at $52.
It is located in Zambales, Philippines. Formerly the site of a major US Navy base, it is now the location of the Subic Bay Freeport Zone. Subic Bay is known for its attractions which include several beaches, an underwater aquarium, jungle survival tours, racing and duty-free shopping centers. Some of these are:
- Ocean Adventure - An open-water marine park
- El Kabayo Equestrian center - Offers a wide range of horse-related activities
- Zoobic Safari - An adventure zoo park
- Diamond Casino - a new casino built on the waterfront across from the Legenda.
Subic Park Hotel - Rates start at $40.
Courtyard Inn - Rates start at $65.
Bayfront Hotel - Rates start at $51.
Vista Marina Hotel and Resort - Rates start at $73
Boracay is a tropical island located in the island of Panay in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. It is one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations, mainly because of its 3.5 kilometer long stretch of whitesand beach. The fun at Boracay beaches do not end when the sun sets. Boracay nightlife is vibrant with many bars and restaurants serving food and drinks until very late in the evening.
- Microtel Inn and Suites - Rates start at $90.
Cavite is located on the southern shores of Manila Bay. It abounds with great objects, and subjects, of culture and history. Home to Tagaytay City, which is known as the Philippines’ second summer capital, next to Baguio City, Cavite is one of the favorite out-of-town vacations spots of people from Manila. The accessing highway offers a breathtaking sight of the world-famous Taal formation, a crater within an island within a lake. It is also only a few hours away from Manila, which makes it a perfect place to visit. Some places to see in Cavite are the following:
- Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo Shrine - A shrine in memory of the first president of the Philippines
- Saint Francis of Assisi Church - An 18th century church
- Museo ng Tagaytay - A museum where all significant artifacts, photos, and memorabilia of the city of Tagaytay are preserved
- Cabag Cave - Found at the bottom of a slope
- Tagaytay City - The second summer capital of the Philippines
Caylabne Bay and Resort - Rates start at $100.
Microtel Inn and Suites - Rates start at $32. Read also Zoobic Safari in Subic Philippines baguio city transient house for rent pinoyhit.com